Skyra’s dress code is designed to encourage unity and discipline among its students. As a pre-professional program, the staff is aided by the dress code in their dedication to the development and training of dancers. All footwear must be approved by instructors before wearing to class. Ballet shoes should fit according to the ballet teacher’s guidelines. Ballet shoes that are too big will not be allowed. Do not wear dance shoes outside of the dance studio. It’s important for students to abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
• A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance.
• Teachers must be able to see the dancer’s body outline clearly to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
• Hair must be properly secured and tied up off the face and neck for all styles of dance.
• Jewelry must not be loose or dangling.
• Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking and appearance.
• No loose-fitting pants, blue jeans or t-shirts unless you are in Hip Hop.
• No costumes are allowed in class unless a dress-up day is announced by the individual teacher.
Ballet: All dancers must wear a clean slick flat ballet bun, using hairspray or gel, and secured with bobby pins and a hair net. Dancers may not enter class without hair properly done.
Non-ballet classes: All dancers must wear a clean slick bun or french braid using hairspray or gel, and secured with bobby pins and a hair net. You may also wear clean, tightly secured ponytails. Dancers may not enter class without hair properly done and required attire. You are free to wear your hair how you would like for hip-hop.
All dancewear can be purchased at DANCEWEAR CORNER Dancewearcorner.com 136 S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32807
Purchase your Dancewear from our preferred partner:
3 to 7-year–old: Pink camisole-styled leotard with an attached skirt (no tulle tutus), pink/flesh-toned tights, pink/flesh-toned colored ballet shoes.
Academy A-E: Sleeveless black camisole leotard (no halter top), pink/flesh-toned tights, pink/flesh-toned colored ballet shoes.
Ballet Conservatory: Sleeveless black camisole leotard (no halter top), pink/flesh-toned tights, pink/flesh-toned colored ballet shoes and pointe shoes.
Boys: White ballet top, black full-length tights, White Socks, White or Black ballet shoes
Tap, Jazz/Musical Theater, Progressions, Skills, Contemporary/Lyrical, Acro, Emotions, Afro-Latin: Any color leotard or sports bra/fitted top/shirt, dance shorts, pants or leggings. Please see the shoe requirements below.
Hip–Hop: Street clothing (shirts, tank-tops, jackets, pants, leggings, sweat pants) Hair – Any style Shoes: Non-marking sneakers.
Boys non-ballet classes: White or Black t-shirt, black shorts, and appropriate shoes